Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich
This Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich recipe from Macaronie Bites is the best thing to make when grilling out to WOW your friends or family! Summer is here and so is grilling season, so instead of grilling up the typical burger, try something a little different and a little healthier. These sandwiches can be customized to your liking, are easy to assemble, and are such a crowd pleaser. Plus they’re easy to serve to a crowd!
Revolution Farms Sweet Crisp Deli Leaf lettuce is great for sandwiches, with leaves sized to match sandwich bread or buns, and enough crisp and crunch to stand up to the pressure of being inside a warm sandwich or burger!
- Chicken Thighs
- Pineapple Slices
- Red Onion Slices
- Hamburger Buns of your choice
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- Revolution Farms Deli Leaf Lettuce
How to make Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
- Start by marinating chicken thighs in teriyaki sauce.
- Slice red onion and pineapple and set aside.
- Arrange toppings on a platter including the buns, lettuce and provolone cheese slices.
- Once chicken has been marinating for about an hour, cook chicken on the grill. During the last minute of cooking, top with the provolone cheese.
- While cooking the chicken, grill up your pineapple slices and red onion slices until they have a nice char on them. Remove and add to your toppings platter.
- Arrange the chicken on a plate so that everyone can assemble their own sandwich and serve!
- Cheese – you can also use pepper jack, Colby jack, or cheddar slices.
- Onion – instead of grilled red onion try serving with caramelized onions.
- Buns – replace regular hamburger buns with pretzel buns for a fun twist.
- Sauces and toppings – try serving with sriracha mayo, regular mayo, sweet pickle coins, or more teriyaki sauce!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!