Pear, Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Salad
While fall often makes us think of warmer, heartier foods, this salad takes that hearty inspiration from roasted butternut squash, and combines it with fresh fruits and crisp flavors to make something utterly refreshing and healthy. This brilliant recipe gives your body the greens it craves in the colder months along with sweet and savory flavors, all wrapped up in one beautiful dish.
Big thanks to Tara at @bearnecessities__ for this recipe and the beautiful photos!
- 1 container of Revolution Farms Michigan Spring Mix
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup of goat cheese or parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- 1 small butternut squash, roasted, skin removed and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. of avocado oil
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp. of honey or maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp/ of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Toss cubed butternut squash in avocado oil, thyme and honey
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Add all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth and creamy
Assembling the salad
- Add a layer of greens, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, sliced pears, pumpkin seeds, cheese, roasted squash and repeat the process to create another layer. (This way not all the ingredients are on top.)
- Then drizzle with the cranberry dressing.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!