These fresh spring rolls created by Amber over at Mommy Gone Healthy are a favorite light and healthy meal. They’re packed with shrimp (can also use chicken), veggies, our Buttery Bibb lettuce and herbs, then wrapped in rice paper and served with a spicy peanut sauce. While they look fancy, they’re actually pretty easy to put together!
A few quick tips:
– Lettuce leaves make rolling easier and help hold all the veggies in place (while also preventing them from poking through rice paper). Our Buttery Bibb is perfect for these as it has a smooth taste and great texture for eating fresh, as well as being grown right here in Michigan, non-GMO and pesticide residue free.
– Fresh veggies are a must! These rolls are best enjoyed the day of as well so rice paper doesn’t get too tough to chew. You can customize it with your favorite veggies or herbs so don’t be afraid to experiment.
– Use a cutting board for wrapping and wet it occasionally to prevent the rice paper from sticking.
- 6 rice paper sheets
- 24 medium shrimp, tails removed, cooked.
- Revolution Farms Buttery Bibb lettuce
- ½ cup carrot matchsticks
- ¼ cup red pepper
- ¼ chopped green onion
- ¼ cup cucumber, cut in matchsticks
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Peanut sauce (can be found at most grocery stores)
- Wet rice paper in warm water for several seconds and transfer to a damp cutting board.
- Place Buttery Bibb on paper near the bottom edge of the paper, and nestle vegetables and herbs in lettuce.
- Add shrimp below lettuce.
- Carefully begin to roll rice paper until you reach the shrimp.
- Fold in outside edges and continue to roll.
- Serve with peanut dipping sauce!